– Creative Green Awards 2017 – 5* certification (the first and only festival to have ever achieved this)
– Creative Green Awards 2017 – Best Festival
– Creative Green Awards 2017 – Outstanding Achievement Award
– European Festival Awards 2016 – Green Operations Award
– International A Greener Festival Award (won five times to date)
Below is a list of what our event is doing to make a difference!
We are considered to be a pioneering festival world-wide and are proud to share everything we learn freely in the spirit of Creative Commons. We have:
- Reduced our carbon footprint by over 80%
- Become powered by 100% renewables
- Eliminated disposable plastics
- Recycled 80% of recyclables
- Pioneered recycling deposits and reusable cups
- Gone meat and fish free
- Provided a space for inspiration
- Introduced majority compost loos across site
- Worked with over 20 partners to support world-changing work
- Implemented radical low-carbon travel plans
- our company is more than five times carbon positive through renewable energy investments
- Our amazing audience have collectively funded a forest in Africa, started a charity – Energy Revolution – have supported various campaigns and have generally been amazing people in the world.
- Measured impacts and undergone third party certification every year
- Won stacks of awards!