Name: Sustainable brands
Type of Event: Corporate, Festival
Duration: 3 days
Description: Sustainable Brands© has always been committed to reducing the environmental impact of our own events, to sharing knowledge with, and making a positive impact on our host communities. The event planning team works closely with our sustainability partners Global Green Events and all vendors and stakeholders involved to follow a sustainable event framework that was developed in accordance with the leading international event industry standards – ISO 20121 Event Sustainability Management Systems and APEX/ASTM Environmentally Sustainable Meeting Standards. Below are just some of the initiatives being carried out with your help at the conference and venue, co-creating a positive impact post event!
- Complete eradication of disposables during the event.
- Conversion of paper cups and plastic lids to crockery for all coffee stations.
- Conversion of individual sugar sachets and wooden stirrers to bowls of sugar with metal spoons.
- Conversion of landfill-only collection in all conference areas, restaurant and at coffee stations to separator bins.
- Recycling introduced to all areas of the conference.
- Recycling collected from all areas hand sorted by the housekeeping and green team back of house.
- Composting of food waste from front of house sent to make bio fuel.
- Recycling of all materials collected from Hotel Rooms.
- Notepads and pens removed from every table and replaced with a communal ‘take what you need’ station in every conference room.
- Water stations per conference room replaced table top glass bottles. Initial idea of water jugs with filtered water was kindly upgraded to water dispensers by the hotel.
- Sustainability Policy written for all participants and sent out pre event.
- Sustainability guidelines and policy enhanced for exhibitors.
- Welcome Letter detailing Sustainability tips for engagement placed in all Sustainable Life rooms.
- Recycling guide put together for the Hotel Rooms and placed with a recycling bag to encourage self-responsibility – Bags were 100% recycled plastic.
- Sponsored 3 x Organic tea bags per room.
- Handwritten quotes in every Hotel room.
- Multiple meetings on site to ascertain systems in place to carry out all initiatives.
- Management of the systems put in place alongside heads of housekeeping, event team and general manager.
- On site signage set up pre event with multiple departments.
- Engagement signage in toilets, at coffee stations, water stations and in the restaurant.
- On site event management of systems with the venue and changes set in motion accordingly.
- Post event review and reporting.