Sustainable Brands 2015
– 80 % diversion from landfill
– Carbon Neutral
– Water Neutral
ISO 20121 Compliance
– Sustainable and Ethical Food Sourcing
– Paperless Event
Below is a list of what our event is doing to make a difference!
– Complete eradication of disposables during the event.
– Conversion of paper cups and plastic lids to crockery for all coffee stations.
– Conversion of individual sugar sachets and wooden stirrers to bowls of sugar with metal spoons.
– Conversion of landfill-only collection in all conference areas, restaurant and at coffee stations to separator bins.
– Recycling introduced to all areas of the conference.
– Recycling collected from all areas hand sorted by the housekeeping and green team back of house.
– Composting of food waste from front of house sent to make bio fuel.
– Recycling of all materials collected from Hotel Rooms.
– Notepads and pens removed from every table and replaced with a communal ‘take what you need’ station in every conference room.
– Water stations per conference room replaced table top glass bottles. Initial idea of water jugs with filtered water was kindly upgraded to water dispensers by the hotel.
– Sustainability Policy written for all participants and sent out pre event.
– Sustainability guidelines and policy enhanced for exhibitors.